Would you like to add voice chat to your server in Minecraft? Then this mod is for you. It also provides the option to choose between push-to-talk or voice activation.
What are the features of this mod?
- Indicator next to players names when they are talking
- Configurable distance
- Mute other players
- Adjust the volume of other players
- Microphone amplification
- Semi 3D sound
- AES encryption
- Configurable voice quality
- Configurable network port
- Audio recording
- Proximity voice chat
- Group chats
- Opus codec
- RNNoise recurrent neural network noise suppression
- Push to talk
- Voice activation
- Configurable PTT key
- Test microphone playback
- Indicator on the screen when you are talking
- Voice Chat GUI opens Voice chat GUI with V key.
- Voice Chat Settings are not connected by default. You can still open the voice chat settings.
- Group Chats opens the Group chat GUI with the G key.
- To speak, the CAPS LOCK key must be pressed. It is used as a push to talk key.
- Mute Microphone Activates when M key is pressed.
- To Disable Voice Chat, you must press N. This button disables voice chat. Other people cannot hear you and you cannot hear them.
- Press H to Hide Voice Chat Icons. This button hides all voice chat related icons. However, it does not affect other functions.
- The Record On/Off feature is not connected by default. Turns voice chat audio recording on/off.
Important notes about this mod:
- Before using this mod, you need to open a port on the server. This is the port 24454/udp by default. Voice chat will not work without this port being opened. The port can be changed in the server configuration.
- This mod only works when connected to a private server. For this mod to work, the private server must be installed on the server and client.
- The Fabric version of this mod lets you join vanilla clients. But you cannot use voice chat features in vanilla clients.
How to Install Simple Voice Chat Mods
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download Minecraft Simple Voice Chat Mods
- Double-click on the file downloaded from Forge to run the installer.
- Unzip the downloaded file from the mod.
- Paste the downloaded file the folder .minecraft/mods
- Run Minecraft. Enjoy.