This mode is used for privacy and to prevent user IP leaks. There is a skin server whitelist that you can change. You should only disable this if you are doing this for a dedicated server. You can also add servers to the whitelist if you trust the resource. Also if you are using fabric you will need the fabric API. But if you’re not using fabric, you may already have it.
Forge uses an array despite the fabric where you can separate websites using semicolons. This is to provide easier support with the mod menu.
How to Install Re:Skin Mods
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download Minecraft Re:Skin Mods
- Double-click on the file downloaded from Forge to run the installer.
- Unzip the downloaded file from the mod.
- Paste the downloaded file the folder .minecraft/mods
- Run Minecraft. Enjoy.