This mod brings back old animations before Minecraft Beta 1.8! This is an “Old Swing” mode aimed at nostalgic enthusiasts. As a bonus, this mod is compatible with forge and can be configured. Changes can be made to all animations. Moreover, you can customize the swinging speeds of swords, tools, items, and everything in between!
What’s Added to Mod?
- A new “block” swing speed animation has been added, allowing you to change how fast the placement animation is.
- The ability to set / receive the swing speed of the item your character is currently holding has been added.
- Fixed a bug in Whisperwoods mod.
- Reorganized various aspects of the command system.
What Changes with This Mod?
- Only the animations change. The purpose of this mod is to provide a swinging animation unseen since Minecraft Beta 1.7.
- The reload animation will no longer play when an item damage value is changed. (Configurable)
- The shaking animation has been slowed down. (Configurable)
- Arm swing animation is disabled. (Configurable)
- Disabled the cooldown animation that plays after each hit or slot change. (Configurable)
You can configure how fast or slow the swing velocity animation should be for any item in the game. This is if you prefer that sword swing speeds are faster and tool swing speeds are slower, you can do this. Even the placement speed animation for blocks can be changed if needed.
You can change all the configuration options in the game with the “oldswing” command. This command is not used in online multiplayer mode. However, you can still edit these configuration options in the configuration file. After saving the file, new changes are automatically applied in-game without restarting.
This update changes the way custom oscillations are recorded. Therefore, you should back up your configuration if you have customized spin speeds.
None of these animation changes affect blocking speed or conflict. Moreover, these changes are only visible to the customer. So, only you can see the changes in the animation. Potion effects that previously affected the animation still do.
How to Install Old Swing Mods
- Download and Install Minecraft Forge
- Download Minecraft Old Swing Mods
- Double-click on the file downloaded from Forge to run the installer.
- Unzip the downloaded file from the mod.
- Paste the downloaded file the folder .minecraft/mods
- Run Minecraft. Enjoy.